I am so glad I stumbled upon this recipe from Damn Delicious. I’m always on the hunt for a quick, easy,
yet delicious weeknight meal because I’m always in such a rush with picking up kids and our evening routine that I never seem to have enough time to prep for a meal.
And that’s why this recipe is such a winner. The only prep you need to do is chop up a rotisserie chicken. All the other ingredients are just a dump it in the pot type of thing. So easy! And this is pretty damn tasty because it has a little kick with the salsa verde.
Add some sour cream and avacado on top for a smooth taste and you are all set. Even my kids like this one!
- Chopped rotisserie chicken
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 (15oz) cans great northern beans, drained
- 2 cups salsa verde
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Any additional toppings: Sour cream, Avacado, Cilantro
- In a large stock pot stir in chicken broth, chicken, beans, salsa verde and cumin; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring to a boil
- Reduce heat and simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Serve with any additional toppings you would like. Enjoy!